In case you missed it, there was a launch broadcast streamed on Twitch today for the 2017 Esports Industry Awards. In the broadcast host OJ Borg, along with UK esports personalities Paul “ReDeYe” Chaloner and Alan “Bricey” Brice, and David Turner from NOW TV, looked back at the big esports moments in 2016 and introduced the Group 1 categories.
The process for choosing the winners of these categories is a multi-stage process. During Stage 1 fans can put in their nominations for each category. The categories are split into two groups, Group 1 for industry based awards and Group 2 for personal awards. Group 2 nominations will open in June. In Stage 2, all of the nominations will be considered and finalists will be chosen. Stage 3 is when the public vote happens and fans will be able to pick their winners. The finalists will then go to a panel vote in Stage 4. The panel, headed by Paul Chaloner, will convene and choose the winners of each category, taking into consideration the fan vote in their final decisions. The awards ceremony will be held on November 13 in London.
You can go to the Esports Industry Awards website and nominate your favorites in the Group 1 categories. These categories include Esports Journalist of the Year, Streamer of the Year, Esports Breakthrough Game of the Year and Esports Game of the Year. When you nominate, you will need to specify who you are nominating, the reason why you are nominating them and provide a URL to support your nomination. You can see the example of what to expect.
Here are your Group 1 categories. Choose wisely.
- Esports Breakthrough Game of the Year
- Esports Commercial Partner of the Year
- Esports Coverage Website of the Year
- Esports Game of the Year
- Esports Hardware Provider of the Year
- Esports Journalist of the Year
- Esports Photographer of the Year
- Esports Publisher of the Year
- Esports Videographer of the Year
- Streamer of the Year
- Streaming Platform of the Year
Latest posts by Renee Lopez (see all)
- BLIZZARD and TWITCH Announce Two-Year Collaboration Deal - June 22, 2017
- Third Wave of BLIZZCON 2017 Tickets Going on Sale in July - June 21, 2017
- SUPERNATURAL Spin-Off WAYWARD SISTERS is in Development - June 21, 2017