I’M IN! I’M SO IN! Oh wait, did I say that too soon?
Well let me slow down and tell you what we have here. We have a trailer about a very common Science Fiction trope: Artificial Intelligence. This one seems to be navigating the Pinocchio version of this favorite trope. So, in a market that’s flooded with films, books, songs, television and real life news about robotics, why should you see this one? First off, watch the trailer. It’s great. And, if that doesn’t convince you to see the film, here are a couple other reasons you can put in your brain pan of decision-making:
1. Neill Blomkamp, this film’s director and co-writer, also directed and co-wrote the ground breaking science fiction film, District 9. (Blomkamp’s co-wrote both these films with Terri Tatchell)
2. Sharlto Copley, who was BRILLIANT as the lead in District 9, is the voice of the robot, Chappie.
3. Wait, did I just see South African rap group Die Antwoord in this trailer? Why, yes. Yes I just frakking did.
4. Hugh Jackman is in this film. Hugh Jackman has a mullet. Hugh Jackman has a mullet in this film.
5. The movies also stars Dev Patel and the bestest, baddest actor in the Sci-Fi Universe, Sigourney Weaver.
6. After watching the mess of a robot movie, Automata, this trailer will make you want to love again.
Official Plot Summary:
Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings – some good, some bad – and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world and become his own man. But there’s one thing that makes Chappie different from anyone else: he is a robot. The first robot with the ability to think and feel for himself. His life, his story, will change the way the world looks at robots and humans forever.
- We Asked Which Fictional Female Character Would Make the Best President and the Internet Answered! - March 21, 2021
- 17 Yule Log Videos That Will Bring You Nerdy Comfort This Holiday Season - December 31, 2020
- This Holiday Name Generator Is Ridiculously Fun! - December 21, 2020