It’s official! ABC has officially renewed Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD for a 13 episode sixth season. The news comes just ahead of the season five finale, airing later this week. Fans have been going nuts on Twitter all weekend, posting the hashtag #RenewAgentsofSHIELD. Well there was also that long awaited kiss that fans flipped out about too.
Fans have been worried about the fate of the series since it began it’s fifth season. ABC moved the show to a dreaded Friday night time slot. To make things worse, executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeff Bell told Entertainment Weekly that they wrote the season finale as a series finale. At the Television Critics Association press tour, ABC’s Channing Dungey said she remains “cautiously optimistic” about the show’s future.
Chloe Bennet had the fandom in an uproar with a couple of tweets on Friday night. She posted the following tweet after the new broke.
Thank god the word is out….I’m so bad at keeping secrets. But yes dear friends and fans #AgentsofSHEILD is coming back for more. Get readyyyyy. 🔥🔥⚡️
— Chloe Bennet (@chloebennet) May 14, 2018
— Natalia Cordova (@YOSOYCORDOVA) May 14, 2018
Currently, the Agents are torn between saving the world or saving Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg). The questions that remain now are:
- Will Agent Coulson die in the season finale, “The End?”
- How will the events of the Avengers: Infinity War affect the characters?
- Is season six the series’ final season?
- And will Deke (Jeff Ward) disappear? Or stick around?
Agents of SHIELD season five finale airs Friday May 18 on ABC.
Latest posts by Noetta Harjo (see all)
- SDCC 2018: Stephen King Rings Our Bell at the CASTLE ROCK Panel - July 20, 2018
- SDCC 2018: Freeform Announces Season 2 at CLOAK & DAGGER Panel - July 20, 2018
- SDCC 2018: Time Jump and New Characters Highlight THE WALKING DEAD Panel - July 20, 2018