Yeah, the Winchesters have been separated before on Supernatural. But something about this time feels really wrong. Maybe because, technically, Dean (Jensen Ackles) is still in there somewhere. It’s a matter of how long it will take Sam (Jared Padalecki) to find Michael/Dean. And how will they separate Dean from Michael. Let’s rewind a bit.
Season 13 started off where season 12 ended with Jack’s (Alexander Calvert) birth and accelerated growth. Lucifer (Mark Pellegrino) killed Crowley and Cas (Misha Collins) and took Mary Winchester (Samantha Smith) with him to the Apocalypse world. This left Sam and Dean with the task of watching over Jack. Sam was nurturing, while Dean wanted to kill Jack immediately.
Throughout the season, as much as he tries to use his powers for good, Jack always seems to mess something up. So in an effort to do something really good, he tries to find and save Mary. At the same time, Lucifer is anxious to return to his son. He returns to Earth Prime and runs into all kinds of trouble. From losing his grace, to killing angels, Lucifer contemplates changing his ways for his son. But he’s Lucifer!
Sam and Dean try to find a way to get to the Apocalypse World and ultimately need Lucifer to get there. What they don’t know is that people who are dead on Earth Prime are alive in the alt-world. Which is good because that means that Bobby (Jim Beaver) and Charlie (Felicia Day) are back. And it’s also bad because the Archangel Michael (Christian Keyes) has waged war on humans. When Michael finds out about Earth Prime, he makes it his mission to purify the world by ridding it of humans.
Michael teams up with Lucifer to get to Earth Prime and a great battle occurs. Lucifer ultimately turns on Jack, draining him of his grace and taking his powers. The only way to stop him is for Michael to inhabit Dean’s body to fight Lucifer. With help from Sam, Dean/Michael defeat and kill Lucifer. However, Michael doesn’t leave Dean’s vessel. Instead he takes full control and leaves without a trace. And that’s where we pick up in season 14.
Here’s what we know!
– Sam is desperate to find Dean. He has a good network of friends helping him, but Michael is also looking for friends to help him in quest to destroy humanity.
– Jack is human. He will need to learn a whole new skill set. And who’s the greatest teacher of all…Bobby Singer! Bobby and his merry band of resistance fighters cross over into Earth Prime. With the rift closed and Michael being the only Archangel alive, I’m not sure when or if they will get to go home.
– Heaven and Hell were left without leadership. There is no more King of Hell, Lucifer is dead and God just up and left. So what does this mean for the demons and angels left behind. The angels are already in trouble as they are an endangered species. I wonder who could help them with their population?
I know that’s not much, but we can’t know everything right now. Then there will be no surprises later. I hope to see Sam and Mary grow closer. Sam was just a baby when Mary died the first time so he really doesn’t have any memories of his mother.
I also hope to see Jody and her wayward daughters. I was kind of disappointed that Wayward Sisters got cancelled before it got started. The episode ended on a pretty cool cliffhanger. I really hope Supernatural addresses that story line and maybe conclude it.
And I also hope Bobby and Charlie stick around for a while. Sam and Dean’s list of allies was almost non-existent. They almost got everyone back, but it kind of disrupts the natural order of things. And these versions of Bobby and Charlie don’t know Sam and Dean the same way the deceased versions know them. It’s kind of like, if you best friend got amnesia.
Season 14 is here! The longest running sci-fi series still has some tricks up their sleeves. I’ve been hearing rumors of another crossover. Nothing like ScoobyNatural, but it would be interesting to see what the writers come up with this time.
Supernatural Season 14 premieres tonight on the CW!
- SDCC: THE WALKING DEAD Panel Talks About Emotional Journey - July 24, 2021
- SDCC 2021: THE WALKING DEAD: WORLD BEYOND Steps Into New Territory in Season 2 - July 24, 2021
- SDCC 2021: THE WALKING DEAD Season 11 Trailer is About Survival - July 24, 2021