In case you missed the news, Blizzard recently announced that fan-favorite Diablo franchise character Deckard Cain will be the new Hero entering Heroes of the Storm. This is good news for those who have been hoping and pushing for Deckard Cain’s appearance in the popular MOBA.
“As an avid scholar, Deckard Cain has dedicated his life to the pursuit of knowledge. He has been an advisor, storyteller, and friend to Sanctuary’s greatest heroes, guiding them through peril time and again. When Deckard speaks, it’s wise to stay awhile and listen.”
As a support healer, Deckard’s abilities can heal allies and cause AOE damage while rooting enemies. He is strongest when he is close to his allies due to his Fortitude of the Faithful trait, so if you do play him be sure to follow someone who could benefit from his abilities. He will certainly not be able to solo any lane. His Primary Abilities include Healing Potion, which allows him to toss up to 5 healing potions towards his allies, healing the closest Hero. Next, his Horadric Cube ability can damage and slow all enemies in a given area. With Scroll of Sealing, Deckard forms a triangle that will deal damage to anyone inside it.
His first Heroic Ability is Stay Awhile and Listen. When you activate this ability, Deckard reads a bit of lore that promptly puts the enemies within the area to sleep. His second Heroic Ability, Lorenado, is exactly as it sounds. It’s a whirlwind of books that damage and knockback enemies in it’s path.
Fortitude of the Faithful
- When at least 1 other allied Hero is nearby, Deckard gains 10 Armor and his Basic Abilities recharge 50% faster.
[Q] Healing Potion
- Throw a Healing Potion on the ground that heals the first allied Hero that comes in contact with it for 230. Limit 0 active Potions.
[W] Horadric Cube
- Throw the Horadric Cube, dealing 80 damage to all enemies in the area and Slowing them by 35% for 1.75 seconds.
[E] Scroll of Sealing
- Unfurl an enchanted scroll, forming a triangle that deals 150 damage to enemies inside and Roots them for 1.5 seconds.
[R1] Stay Awhile and Listen
- After 1 second, Channel for 3 seconds, putting enemy Heroes in front of Deckard to Sleep while Channeling, and for 2 seconds after. Enemies can only be put to Sleep once per cast, and Sleep’s effects end instantly if they take damage.
- Vector Targeting Create a swirling lorenado that travels in the targeted direction, continually knocking away enemies that come into contact with it.
You can watch the Hero Spotlight and see some screenshots below. There is no word yet on when he will be available in the PTR but expect it to be soon.
Latest posts by Renee Lopez (see all)
- GGA Interview: The Incomparable Actor and Voice Actor MARK MEER - November 7, 2019
- BlizzCon 2019: DIABLO IV Officially Announced - November 2, 2019
- GGA Review: PIXEL GAME MAKER MV Brings You the Retro Game Making Goods - October 22, 2019