Set a course. Engage. Hit it. Let’s Fly.
The first episode of Star Trek premiered on September 8th, 1966. That date is now forever known as Star Trek Day. This September 8th will be the 55th anniversary of that episode. To celebrate, Paramount+ is putting on a live-streamed celebration. The announcement was made with a stirring video that gave all the feels. The video edits together 55 years of footage from the Star Trek Universe into an impactful, near three-minute trailer that may have made me cry.
Last Star Trek Day, the event was hosted by Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton This year, the duo returns to host a much bigger celebration. The event will be live-streamed from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles and will include back-to-back panels with cast members and creators from 10 Star Trek television series.
According to StarTrek.com, “In addition to the panels, the programming will feature legacy moments with iconic cast members diving into memorable Star Trek stories from years past. In addition, there will be a special Roddenberry Legacy panel, in honor of Gene Roddenberry’s 100th birthday.”
We’re still eagerly waiting on premiere dates for Star Trek: Prodigy, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I think it’s safe to presume that we may get some premiere date announcements in addition to surprise guests and new footage.
Check out the panel schedule below. For more details on each of the panels, head over to StarTrek.com/Day. Get your snacks, Romulan Ale and Tom Paris plates now. The event kicks off on September 8th at 5:30 PM, PT/8:30 PM. And remember. “Be bold, be brave, be courageous.” Always
The following panels will include the casts and creatives from iconic Star Trek television series:
- Star Trek: Prodigy, with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Dee Bradley Baker, along with executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman and co-executive producer/director, Ben Hibon.
- Star Trek: Discovery, with series stars Wilson Cruz, Blu del Barrio and Ian Alexander and co-showrunner and executive producer Michelle Paradise.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck, who will be joined by co-showrunners and executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks, with voice cast members Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero alongside series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- Star Trek: Picard, with series stars Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, co-showrunner and executive producer Akiva Goldsman, and a special live performance from Isa Briones, singing “Blue Skies,” which was featured in the Picard season one finale.
- Roddenberry Legacy Panel, featuring a conversation with Gene Roddenberry’s son and CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry, alongside Gates McFadden (Star Trek: The Next Generation), LeVar Burton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and George Takei (Star Trek: The Original Series), as they discuss the Star Trek creator’s indelible impact on science fiction and culture.
The legacy moments will feature the following iconic Star Trek cast members:
- Cirroc Lofton from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek: Enterprise
- Garrett Wang from Star Trek: Voyager
- George Takei from Star Trek: The Original Series
- LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation
Fans worldwide will be able to live-stream the Star Trek Day celebration panels for free at StarTrek.com/Day. The panels will also be available to stream for free in the U.S. on Paramount+ and Paramount+’s Twitch page.
- DUNE – What We Know About the Sequel - October 24, 2021
- THE WHEEL OF TIME Pays Tribute to Late Author Robert Jordan on His 73rd Birthday - October 18, 2021
- Meet the Haunted False Dragon, Logain, in Latest THE WHEEL OF TIME Teaser - October 17, 2021