Teen Wolf is back and is bringing back a beloved character! Tyler Posey and Tyler Hoechlin presented the first trailer for Teen Wolf: The Movie at San Diego Comic Con. There’s also a huge banner on one of the buildings in San Diego.
Teen Wolf series creator Jeff Davis joined executive producers Posey and Hoechlin on the Hall H panel. Here are the biggest reveals:
- The movie time jumps, aging Scott McCall (Posey) to 50 years old. Posey said, “Beacon Hills messed Scott up….Scott wanted to step away. He lives in Los Angeles, he wanted to get away from Beacon Hills. He’s a normal person. He works at the vet and is lonely. He’s an adult and is going through what all of us go through…he’s dealing with the reality of being an actual human. Instead of being a werewolf who saves the world, he needs to figure out how to save himself. We’ve never seen Scott like this, ever.”
- Derek Hale is a dad! Derek’s teenage son, Eli is played by Vince Mattis. Hoechlin helped to hand pick the young actor for the part according to Variety. Hoechlin said, “I really loved where Derek started on the show and where his story ended. For me, it was a very, very well-told, full story, so I thought it was a great thing to come back as a father and for his new challenge to not be about himself and figuring out who he was but trying to guide his son through that same process.”
- Much of the original cast is returning. Holland Roden, Shelley Hennig, Orny Adams, Linden Ashby, JR Bourne, Colton Haynes, Ryan Kelley, Melissa Ponzio, Ian Bohen, Nobi Nakanishi, Khylin Rhambo, and Dylan Sprayberry.
- Along with Vince Mattis, Amy Workman is also a newcomer to the cast. She plays Hikari Zhang and can be seen in the trailer with Posey’s character. Not much more is known at this time.
- No Stiles. I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Dylan O’Brien is not in the movie. “The movie does answer the question of what happened to ‘Stydia,’ so you’re going to have to watch,” Davis told Entertainment Weekly. “… Stiles, while he isn’t in the movie, is ever present in the movie. These characters all leave an influence so there’s no way we could have done it without mentioning him or at least referencing, but all the other characters are there too. You’ll see some familiar faces.”
The trailer is really fast paced. The gang has to get back together to fight back against an old foe. The trailer looks very much like a season trailer for the series. It’s the ending that caught everyone by surprise. Allison Argent (Crystal Reed) is alive! All we see is Allison walking away from a fire with a bow and arrow on her back.
Teen Wolf fans remember Allison’s heartbreaking death in season three. The crowd roared when she appeared on the big screen. So how did this come about? Davis said, “I wanted to make sure I did the character justice. Having her back was amazing. I texted Crystal, ‘We don’t really have a story yet. I mostly have ideas but I always said if I was gonna do a movie, I would bring back Allison.’ She texted back and said that she burst into tears. She was in from that moment.”
A fan asked if the characters ended up where they thought they would be. Both Tylers said no. And when asked about the possibility of more Teen Wolf, Davis only said there could be more. There is definitely a spin-off coming called Wolf Pack. Sarah Michelle Gellar joined the panel to make the announcement. Gellar will executive produce and star in the new series for Paramount+. Written and executive produced Davis, Wolf Pack is based on the book series by Edo Van Belkom. It follows a teenage boy (Armani Jackson) and girl (Bella Shepard) whose lives are forever changed when a California wildfire awakens a terrifying supernatural creature.
Teen Wolf: The Movie production wrapped back in May. For now you can watch the entire Teen Wolf series on Paramount +. Watch the Teen Wolf: The Movie trailer below.
Teen Wolf: The Movie will air on Paramount+ later this year.
- Geek Girl Authority Crush of the Week: MADISON CLARK - November 22, 2023
- FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Series Finale Recap: (S08E12) The Road Ahead - November 19, 2023
- FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Recap: (S08E11) Fighting Like You - November 19, 2023