In 2014, the world met a Godzilla that wasn’t from Toho Studios and wasn’t absolutely abhorrent. Now, 4 years later, the king of all kaiju is back with an SDCC panel for Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The panel included stars Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Thomas Middleditch and director Michael Dougherty with Aisha Tyler moderating.
— Michael Mistroff @ #SDCC (@mmistroff) July 21, 2018
The panel talked about the excitement and fun of filming a Godzilla film. Millie Bobby Brown even said it was intimidating to be cast in the film, just because of its legacy. O’Shea Jackson said that being a part of the film was a childhood dream. “This is why you do movies”.
A few highlights included:
- Fans got a bit of a shock when Godzilla roared through Hall H, one fan even said they could feel it in their chest.
- Director Michael Doughtery said that Godzilla would face off with Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorrah and there “might be a few surprises”.
- Brown said the cast had neck problems due to all the looking up they had to do.
- Bear McCreary is composing the music for the film! Awesome!
- Doughtery had his iPad hooked to speakers on set that he would use to play the various sounds of the creatures during filming
Doughery also revealed some art showing King Ghidorrah battling Godzilla. He’s MASSIVE! The poster went home with some lucky fans in Hall H for them to ogle over.
— Mike Dougherty (@Mike_Dougherty) July 21, 2018
Long live the King, indeed. Be sure to come back to Geek Girl Authority for more SDCC 2018 coverage. Godzilla: King of the Monsters stomps into theaters May 31st, 2019.
[Feature image by La Cosa Cine]
- 5 Wizarding Treats to Dazzle Your Guests During the Holidays - November 23, 2023
- 41 STAR WARS Characters That Made an Impression - May 4, 2022
- 8 Powerful Women That Rule the Galaxy in STAR WARS - May 4, 2022