The first film on the WB panel instantly made magic with glowing wristbands and star Eddie Redmanye casting a spell over Hall H. He joined moderator Aisha Tyler and answered a few fan questions. Then, Katherine Waterston, Jude Law, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, hilariously dressed as Toad Ezra Miller, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner and Claudia Kim joined him on stage and they debuted the trailer.
Fans gave it a standing ovation at the end of its debut. Miller confirmed that the whole trailer is worth geeking out over and I agree.
Question highlights include:
- Ezra Miller saying he’d destroy the patriarchy if he had magic powers
- Describing the film in one word:
- Jude Law said of Dumbledore: “He’s still mischievous. And he’s got secrets. There are chasms to him and all of those will be explained over time.”
- Ezra Miller yelled about Nifflers – because of course he did
Then, Johnny Depp showed up in the character of Grindelwald, giving a speech in character.
— Peter Sciretta @SDCC (@slashfilm) July 21, 2018
‘Magic blooms only in rare souls…’
— Pottermore (@pottermore) July 21, 2018
— Entertainment Tonight (@etnow) July 21, 2018
I can’t wait for more from this film. I’m always so ready to jump into the wizarding world. And you should be too! Come back to Geek Girl Authority for more on Fantastic Beasts and more SDCC 2018 coverage! Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald flies into theaters November 16th, 2018.
- May the 4th Be With You: 41 STAR WARS Characters That Made an Impression - May 4, 2022
- 8 Powerful Women That Rule the Galaxy in STAR WARS - May 4, 2022
- Geek Girl Authority’s Favorite Sci-Fi Mothers - May 9, 2021