Arrow returned to San Diego Comic Con after one of the most dramatic cliffhangers ever! Season six ended with the arrest of Oliver Queen as he revealed that he is the Green Arrow. With the new anti-vigilante law in place, how will Star City survive without Team Arrow?
The panel consisted of Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Echo Kellum, Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez, Colton Haynes, and Beth Schwartz
The panel kicked off with the first season seven trailer, featuring a beat up Oliver fighting to survive prison. And someone is posing as the Green Arrow in Oliver’s place.
Schwart says this season will be much darker than the past seasons.
The cast gives some character updates for season seven. Amell says Oliver’s siutation is bad. “He’s in prison with people he put in prison.” Amell is particularly excited for the season premiere, saying there’s one scene where Oliver does something reprehensible. “If you’re a fan of the character and you root for the character, I really hope the premiere pisses you off.”
Felicity isn’t faring well either. Rickards says she’s very alone and scared. “I think just like Oliver is watching his back, she’s tired of watching hers and she’s going to take some action.”
Team Arrow is trying to carry out Oliver’s instructions. Gonzalez says the crux of the season is seeing how Rene/Wild Dog interpret’s those instructions. Harkavy’s character Dinah Drake is obeying the law and focusing on her job as a cop. Kellum says Curtis is just chillin’. “He’s taking in the city and falling in love. We’re all still trying to do the best we can for Star City.” And Diggle. Ramsey jokes saying Diggle is dead. Not really Diggle is with A.R.G.U.S.
A friendly face is returning this season. Haynes will be reprising his role as Roy Harper. “He’s not the same person. It’s going to be very, very interesting. That’s all I can say.” I wonder if that’s him in that hood. Either way, Haynes is excited to be back.
We got some more casting news:
— TVLine.com (@TVLine) July 21, 2018
The Longbow Hunters are coming! Schwartz announced there are three hunters and they will be working with Diaz. Holly Elissa (Supernatural) will play Red Dart, Michael Jonsson (Van Helsing) is Kodiak and Miranda Edwards (The Magicians) as Silencer. All are seasoned killers
When asked about the Crossover, but Schwartz says they haven’t gotten there yet.
- Amell was revisited by a young cancer survivor who borrowed a necklace from him. She returned the necklace and Amell gave her a bow
- Schwartz said there are currently no plans to bring back Willa Holland as Thea Queen, but you never know.
- Amell says William’s story arc will be the most interesting of all. Maybe he’s the one in the hood?
- Diggle and Lyla’s marriage will be a focal point of the season considering they work together now.
- When ask if we will see an Olicity baby this season, Schwartz definitively said, “No babies.”
Arrow returns to the CW on a new night. The season premiere is scheduled for Monday, October 15.
Latest posts by Noetta Harjo (see all)
- SUPERNATURAL Recap: (S15E06) Golden Time - November 21, 2019
- First Trailer for Netflix’s V WARS Pits Humans Against Vampires - November 21, 2019
- GGA Into the Arrowverse: Lena Embraces Her Vengeful Side - November 21, 2019