In case you were thinking that Heroes of the Storm would be perfect if it just had cybernetic ninjas, well you’re in luck. Today, Blizzard revealed a new hero that is now available in the Heroes 2.0 Beta.
Welcome Genji, the cybernetic ninja Assassin from Overwatch:
“Once the carefree youngest scion of the Shimada clan, Genji was cut down by his own brother for refusing to take part in their illegal ventures. Grafted into a cyborg body by Overwatch, Genji walks his own path as one who fights for what’s right.”
Genji becomes the 65th Hero available in Heroes of the Storm but just the 4th Hero from Overwatch. As an Assassin Genji can do both ranged and melee damage as well as gain movement and deflect buffs from specific talents. He can do some devastating damage through his two heroic abilities, Dragonblade and X-Strike. Dragonblade slashes enemies in an arc and if it successfully kills an enemy hero within 2 seconds, it recharges Genji’s Swift Strike ability. X-Strike is an AOE ability that deals melee damage and additional damage when it ignites in an area.
So whether Genji’s coming at you with his melee attacks, his Shuriken, or deflecting your attacks back at you, know that he can be a damage machine against Heroes. He might prove to be a challenge in a 1v1 match up and he does have the ability to isolate with his Cyber Agility trait, which allows him to jump to a specific area and possibly cut off Heroes trying to make an escape.
Heroes of the Storm 2.0 will launch on April 25.
Cyber Agility (D)
- Activate to jump to target area
- Throw 3 Shuriken in a spread pattern dealing each damaging the first enemy it hits.
- Stores up to 3 charges. Shuriken’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- Become Protected for 1.25 seconds. Any damage blocked during this period causes Genji to throw a Kunai toward the nearest enemy, prioritizing Heroes and dealing damage.
Swift Strike (E)
- Dash forward, dealing damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy Heroes who die within 2 seconds after being hit by Swift Strike cause the cooldown and Mana cost to be refunded.
- Unleash the Dragonblade for 8 seconds. While active, Dragonblade can be reactivated to lunge forward and slash in a huge arc. If any enemy Heroes are killed within 2 seconds after being hit by Dragonblade, Swift Strike’s cooldown is reset.
- Perform 2 perpendicular slashes that deal damage and ignite after 1.25 seconds, dealing additional damage to enemies in their area of effect.
Hero Level 1 (Tier 1)
- (E) Swift as the Wind
- Hitting an enemy Hero with Swift Strike increases Genji’s Movement Speed by 30% for 3 seconds.
- (D) Agile Dismount
- While mounted, the range of Cyber Agility is increased by 70% and its cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds.
- (D) Pathfinder
- Jumping over terrain with Cyber Agility increases Genji’s Movement Speed by 25% for 6 seconds.
Hero Level 4 (Tier 2)
- (Q) Shuriken Mastery
- Quest: Hit enemy Heroes with Shuriken. Reward: After hitting 35 Heroes, Shuriken damage is increased by 30. Reward: After hitting 75 Heroes, Cyber Ability now refunds 2 charges of Shuriken.
- [Active] Dragon Claw
- After Genji blocks 432 damage with Deflect, he may activate Dragon Claw to deal 187 damage to all nearby enemies.
- (E) Strike the Heart
- Enemies hit by the end of Swift Strike take an additional 144 damage over 2 seconds.
Hero Level 7 (Tier 3)
- (W) Augmented Guard
- When Deflect ends, Genji gains a Shield equal to 50% of the damage blocked for 4 seconds.
- (W) Perfect Defense
- Deflected damage reduces the cooldown of Deflect by 2 seconds, up to a maximum of 10 seconds.
- [Passive] Dodge
- Genji dodges 1 Heroic Basic Attack every 5 seconds. Stores up to 3 charges.
- (D) Cyber Shield
- Using Cyber Agility grants 50 Spell Armor for 2 seconds.
Hero Level 10 (Tier 4)
- (R1) Dragonblade
- Unleash the Dragonblade
- (R2) X-Strike
- Deal heavy damage in a cross shape
Hero Level 13 (Tier 5)
- (Q) Shingan
- Hitting an enemy with all 3 Shuriken deals 120 bonus damage.
- (E) Flow Like Water
- Each enemy Hero hit with Swift Strike reduces its cooldown by 3 seconds.
- (D) Double Jump
- Cyber Agility stores 2 charges but its cooldown is increased by 5 seconds.
Hero Level 16 (Tier 6)
- (W) Reflect
- Deflect also deals an additional 33% of the damage blocked.
- (E) Final Cut
- After 1 second, Swift Strike deals an additional 130 damage to all enemies in the area.
- (E) Steady Blade
- Each enemy Hero hit by Swift Strike increases the damage of the next Swift Strike by 20%. This bonus stacks up to 3 times.
Hero Level 20 (Tier 7)
- (R1) The Dragon Becomes Me
- Each time Dragonblade hits an enemy Hero, the duration of Dragonblade is increased by 1 second.
- (R2) Living Weapon
- Each enemy Hero hit by X-Strike reduces its cooldown by 12 seconds.
- (Q) Nanosteel Shuriken
- Shuriken now pierce all enemies hit.
- (W) Zanshin
- Quest: Block 6500 damage with Deflect, including damage blocked so far.Reward: Deflect hits all nearby enemy Heroes.