I, Tom Laurie, and my sister, Leona Laurie, are (re)watching every Marvel movie so we can cheerfully and critically discuss them. In what is indisputably our most humorsome episode yet, we’re crawling through Spider-Man 3.
In episode 16 of Marvel Us, Leona and I consistently fail to understand why any of the things that happen in this film happen. The solid foundation established in Spider-Man 2 is traded away for sand… man sand–and everyone sinks into it up to their necks.
Except Gwen Stacy. She’s good.
The tangled web we weave covers:
- The Mystery of Tom’s Episode Misnumbering.
- Sam Raimi getting his brothers paid.
- They wanted this movie to be about 3 villains from the start???
- College bullies.
- Goblin’s Nerf arsenal.
- Spider-Man 3‘s 63% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Eddie Brock: Sociopath creep.
LISTEN HERE ON ITUNES. And while you’re at it, consider subscribing!
Latest posts by Tom Laurie (see all)
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 68 – HANNA (2011) - July 16, 2019
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 67 – SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018) - July 8, 2019
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 63 – SUPERMAN II (1980) - June 19, 2019