I, Tom Laurie, and my sister, Leona Laurie, are (re)watching every Marvel movie so we can cheerfully and critically discuss them. In what is indisputably our Benniferriest episode, we’re talking about Daredevil.
In episode 5 of Marvel Us, my sister and I rehash Daredevil, the Mark Steven Johnson sensory escapade. I enrich this exercise by sharing facts and trivia about the film. There is humor. You will enjoy this.
Listen for the following incredible moments!
- We both forget Vince “Ham Head” Vaughn’s name
- Jon Favreau‘s entry into business with Marvel
- Wearing leather while damp
- Alternate casting possibilities: Vin Diesel as Daredevil; Eliza Dushku as Elektra
- We say “discrepancy” a lot
- Gatorade baths and clingy clothes.
Also, Leona is adamant that any mention of Ben Affleck should include a reminder of his childhood role in the educational series Voyage of the Mimi, so here’s episode one of that:
Listen by clicking the ‘play’ button below, LISTEN HERE ON ITUNES. And while you’re at it, consider subscribing!