I, Tom Laurie, and my sister, Leona Laurie, are (re)watching every Marvel movie so we can cheerfully and critically discuss them. In what is indisputably our latest episode, we’re talking about Spider-Man.
In episode 4 of Marvel Us, my sister and I rehash Spider-Man, the Sam Raimi origin story / escapade. I enrich this exercise by sharing facts and trivia about the film. There is humor. You will enjoy this.
Some things we discuss:
- How upside-down kissing in a rain-drenched alley would be gross in real life
- The problematic depiction of M.J. in this trilogy
- Callbacks to Richard Donner‘s Superman movies
- If there are 15 spiders in a lab that can give you superpowers, why does just one kid get them?
- New York real estate
- My resemblance to Topher Grace
- So much more!
Listen by clicking the ‘play’ button below, LISTEN HERE ON ITUNES. And while you’re at it, consider subscribing!
Latest posts by Tom Laurie (see all)
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 61 – Labyrinth (1986) - April 22, 2019
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 60 – The Iron Giant (1999) - March 19, 2019
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 59 – Addams Family Values (1993) - March 13, 2019