I, Tom Laurie, and my sister, Leona Laurie, are (re)watching every Marvel movie so we can cheerfully and critically discuss them. In what is indisputably our most vengeful episode, we’re talking about The Avengers.
- Male writers think two women would be a majority over four men.
- The banter was fresh for its day, but we’ve seen more accomplished with an ensemble (by people who aren’t Joss Whedon).
- Captain America: His earnestness grows on you like a reassuring moss.
- Black Widow has so much potential! We hope they seize on it within the next 6 years! *a tumbleweed blows by*
- Sometimes a woman needs to be shorter than a man, and sometimes she needs to be just as tall. Gender is weird!
Listen by clicking the ‘play’ button below, LISTEN HERE ON ITUNES. And while you’re at it, consider subscribing!
Latest posts by Tom Laurie (see all)
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 68 – HANNA (2011) - July 16, 2019
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 67 – SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018) - July 8, 2019
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 63 – SUPERMAN II (1980) - June 19, 2019