Have you ever felt nervous before an interview, a meeting, or even something as simple as going grocery shopping when you realize you forgot to wear perfume?
Wearing perfume is actually important in our daily lives and is part of our dress code. Firstly, it makes us feel good. If you are out and remember that you have forgotten to wear your perfume it can feel very uncomfortable. The perfume you choose also tells us something about who you are and what kind of personality you have. Perhaps in the same way as to how and when you choose to play at SlotoCash casino. Yes, it could be that some people reading this are skeptical but perfume really does give us a window into a person’s character.
So why wear perfume and why is it important?
Here’s a quote taken from the film, Perfume – The Story of a Murderer (2006) “Odors have a power of persuasion stronger than that of words, appearances, emotions, or will. The persuasive power of an odor cannot be fended off, it enters into us like breath into our lungs, it fills us up, imbues us totally. There is no remedy for it.”
Well, it was a film, but still there is some truth to the saying. The perfume you choose to wear is should definitely part of the way in which you choose to dress.
In fact, your fragrance tells a person about you even before your visual appearance. A person is learning something about you and your style via their senses. As we learned from the quote earlier “the persuasive power of an odor cannot be fended off.”. Therefore, it is important that we take advantage of this fact.
The benefits of wearing perfume
One of the most obvious benefits of wearing perfume is that it neutralizes body odors and keeps us smelling fresh all day.
It also helps to boost our confidence. Knowing that we smell good can be incredibly reassuring. If we choose a scent that enhances our personality and creates the ambiance we are hoping to achieve, it can help us to be the very best that we can be.
Perfume can also affect your mood and create the ambiance that you are aiming for. Your choice of scent can express your state of mind, your mood, to those around you. Different perfumes can create different moods. From being reserved to feeling playful. It is important to get the scent right, so the perfume fits the occasion.
Our sense of smell is one of the five senses that we as humans have and is very important. Your scent is the first impression that you make when you enter the room and the lasting impression upon leaving.
Human beings secrete pheromones that attract other human beings. Perfumes are made to do the same. They have pheromones that will enhance your attractiveness and leave a good and lasting impression.
Perfume also has the ability to trigger memories. Certain scents can take us back to places and people from long ago. Perfumes do this and this can be very advantageous. You can have a signature perfume that creates your uniqueness. Your scent can trigger memories of you in other people. This can be useful when climbing the ladder of success by triggering memories of you in the minds of others.
Essential oils have been used for centuries in the field of aromatherapy and are used to help with different issues like releasing stress and aiding relaxation and better sleep. Many of these oils are in perfumes and when inhaled, they have the ability to impact the emotional center of the brain.
Which perfume should you choose?
We are all unique. We all have our own personalities, qualities and body chemistry. A perfume will interact with your particular body chemistry and no one else’s. When choosing a perfume, remember it needs to enhance and compliment your particular and unique personality. There are a number of steps involved.
- First, decide on the price you are prepared and able to pay. Perfumes are considered a luxury item and prices can vary considerably.
- Perfumes vary in their concentration levels and you should choose one that matches your lifestyle and will remain potent for as long as you need it to:
- Eau de cologne has the lowest fragrance concentration, with only 3-5% oil mixed with water and alcohol. It will last around 2 hours.
- Eau de toilette is a little more concentrated having about 4-8% oil. It will last about 3-4 hours.
- Eau de parfum has quite a high oil concentration and contains around 15-18% oil and will last about 6 hours.
- Parfum/Perfume has the highest oil concentration containing 15-30% oil and mixed with alcohol. The fragrance can last the entire day.
- Before making a purchase, you should spray a little on your wrist, wait a few seconds for the alcohol to disperse and then breath in the scent. Your initial reaction to the fragrance is important. Do you immediately love it?
- Perfumes have three separate notes, top middle and base. The top note evaporates quickly, the middle is next and the base is the note that lasts the longest. Obviously, the best is to find the perfume with the base note that has a scent that you really like and that also has a middle and top note that you would also wear. The bottom line is if the perfume notes are good for your particular body chemistry. Does the scent suit you?
We put so much effort into our overall demeanor. We spend time on our clothes, our hair and our makeup. Wearing a scent that adds to your overall look and personality pulls everything together. It can become your signature scent. Learning about which scents work for you is an exciting project and will increase your level of self-awareness. Finding and wearing that fragrance will boost your confidence, enhance your personality, and will ultimately unlock opportunities for success in your daily life.