It would be an understatement to say there’s a lot of hype around the new season of House of Cards, which hit Netflix today with an all-new season 5. But it’s been over 15 months since the last season, and most of us are going to need a refresher of what happened last season before jumping in to Season 5. This recap will jog your memory in two minutes, so you’re not spending all of season 5 going, “wait, who’s that again?”
- Claire almost tanked Frank’s campaign with the release of a well-timed family photo
- Meechum gave his life to save Frank, and, in the process, killed Lucas (who never did get a chance to avenge poor Zoe’s death)
- Claire’s mother, Elizabeth, made the ultimate sacrifice so her daughter could win over the American public when she asked Claire to mercy kill her.
- Yates and Claire had a steamy, emotional affiar, but Frank was cool with it.
- Doug caught a major case of feelings after pushing Frank to the top of the liver transplant list, costing an innocent family man his life (this was after he almost suffocated a man with a drinking glass).
- Conway worked with Frank in hopes of ending a terrorist hostage situation, only to have Frank stab Conway in the back.
- Remy and Jackie drove off into the sunset together, and for a moment, everything was beautiful
- The DNC tried to beat Frank at his own game by opening up free nominations for a presidential nominee after he used open nominations to get Claire on his ticket.
- Tom wrote the mother of all exposés on the Underwood administration—right before Frank gave a speech that will still be giving Americans nightmares in Season 5. A chilling statement like “we make the terror” is hard to forget.
- Frank and Claire leveraged the intense hostage situation of an American family to send the US to war with Ahmadi and ICO, so they could hold onto their power through a national crisis. Most terrifying couple ever!
Latest posts by Geek Girl Authority (see all)
- 10 Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster and Longer - October 31, 2019
- Story Collider Returns to L.A. August 22nd for Science and Storytelling Fun - August 5, 2019
- Science and Storytelling Fun! Story Collider Returns to L.A. May 16th - May 11, 2019