Until Chris Pine pointed out on Saturday Night Live how similar the four Chris’s are capable of looking, I honestly hadn’t noticed. To me, they are distinctly Sgt. Joseph Getraer‘s son (Pine), Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt), Captain Vanilla (Chris Evans) and THOR (Chris Hemsworth).
Of course Chris Hemsworth is more than Thor. His bit in the Ghostbusters reboot where he asks if he looks more like a doctor while he’s playing the saxophone topless or listening to the saxophone topless was my biggest laugh of the movie.
Then again, he really is Thor. Who else, besides Vincent D’Onofrio, has even tried to wield Thor’s hammer? (Don’t answer– I know there are others. I just wanted an excuse to use this screen grab from Adventures in Babysitting.)
I don’t know about you, but I was lukewarm about the first Thor movie. It was kind of self-serious, if I’m even remembering correctly. It didn’t stay with me. I didn’t really start caring about Thor until the first Avengers film, when everyone got together and lightened up. That said, it wasn’t until the videos about what Thor gets up to in his downtime went viral that I shifted focus to the man behind the Mjölnir.
Once you see him insisting that his muscles are brains and he’s covered in them, you know he’d be so much fun in real life. And then you visit his Instagram and see this behind-the-scenes video of him reacting to Avengers action figures…
and a whole series of pics of him and his cast mates wearing a creepy Robert Downey Jr. mask…
and suddenly you’re hooked on a feeling (but it’s for Chris Hemsworth and not Chris Pratt– sorry, Andy).
Up Next for Chris Hemsworth:
- Thor: Ragnarok: Dir. Taika Waititi. (November 2017)
- Horse Soldiers: Dir. Nicolai Fuglsig. (January 2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War: Dir. Anthony Russo & Joe Russo (May 2018)
- Untitled Star Trek Sequel: (Announced)
Latest posts by Leona Laurie (see all)
- SDCC 2018: Amazon Prime TV Panel Highlights Including GOOD OMENS, LORE and More - July 20, 2018
- SDCC 2018: BROOKLYN NINE-NINE Panel (Title of Your Sex Tape) - July 19, 2018
- SDCC 2018: DOCTOR WHO Panel (Yes – There’s a Trailer!) - July 19, 2018