Stardate 95408.19 through 95427.34
October 22, 2017 – October 28, 2017
Welcome to the seventeenth edition of GGA Ready Room! Let’s take a look at what Star Trek news we missed last week, shall we? As a reminder: the standard date for the post will be shown in the title but the week being recapped (October 22 through October 28 in this case) will be shown in the main header in Stardate format as calculated by Star Trek:Online – this calculator will be used since there is not a standard format across all the television shows and feature films and it is easily accessible.
- To read last week’s GGA Ready Room, Follow this link!
- To find any Star Trek news on Geek Girl Authority, Click on this link!
- This past week, Star Trek: Discovery was picked up for a second season! Read all about it here!
A Look Back This Week in Star Trek History
What episodes of what shows aired this time in history? What movies were released? If these are questions you constantly ask, you’ll find the answer here!
- ST:Enterprise, Season 3, Episode 7, “The Shipment”, October 22, 2003
- ST:Discovery, Season 1, Episode 6, “Lethe”, October 22, 2017
- ST:Enterprise, Season 4, Episode 3, “Home”, October 22, 2004
- ST:DS9, Season 4, Episode 4, “Indiscretion”, October 23, 1995
- ST:TNG, Season 1, Episode 5, “Where No One Has Gone Before”, October 24, 1987
- ST:TNG, Season 6, Episode 6, “True Q”, October 24, 1992
- ST:TNG, Season 7, Episode 6, “Phantasms”, October 23, 1993
- ST:DS9, Season 2, Episode 5, “Cardassians”, October 24, 1993
- ST:DS9, Season 3, Episode 5, “Second Skin”, October 24, 1994
- ST:Enterprise, Season 1, Episode 6, “Terra Nova”, October 24, 2001
- ST:TOS, Season 3, Episode 6, “Spectr of the Gun”, October 25, 1968
- ST:Voyager, Season 7, Episode 4, “Repression”, October 25, 2000
- ST:TNG, Season 5, Episode 6, “The Game”, October 26, 1991
- ST:TOS, Season 1, Episode 8, “Miri?”, October 27, 1966
- ST:TOS, Season 2, Episode 7, “Catspaw”, October 27, 1967
- ST:Animated, Season 1, Episode 8, “The Magicks of Megas-Tu”, October 27, 1973
- ST:TNG, Season 4, Episode 6, “Legacy”, October 27, 1990
- ST:DS9, Season 6, Episode 5, “Favor the Bold”, October 27, 1997
- ST:TNG, Season 3, Episode 6, “Booby Trap”, October 28, 1989
- ST:DS9, Season 5, Episode 5, “The Assignment”, October 28, 1996
- ST:Voyager, Season 5, Episode 3, “Extreme Risk”, October 28, 1998
- ST:DS9, Season 7, Episode 5, “Chrysalis”, October 28, 1998
What have our favorite Star Trek players been up to?
- The World Series is upon us! In perfect trolling fashion, Brent Spiner (Lieutenant Commander Data, ST:TNG) shared his support for the Houston Astros. Or is he supporting the LA Dodgers? We may never really know….
Go Astros!!! pic.twitter.com/sKytxeWvX0
— Brent Spiner (@BrentSpiner) October 24, 2017
- Since it is Halloween, George Takei (Sulu, ST:TOS) is hosting his annual Halloween Photo Contest! Find the details below and good luck if you enter!
Time for my annual Halloween costume contest. Please submit your photos below, winners receive autographed prizes! https://t.co/jtajRUTTMt
— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) October 26, 2017
- Speaking of Halloween, William Shatner (Captain Kirk, Prime Timeline, ST:TOS) did a little critiquing of CNN political commentator Matt Lewis‘ Kirk costume:
— Matt Lewis (@mattklewis) October 28, 2017
- Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s Captain Picard, Sir Patrick Stewart, was honored at the Chicago Film Fest 2017!
- Not only has Rene Auberjonois (Odo, ST:DS9) been making the rounds on the convention circuit, he has also been busy with a family project: Blood Stripe, an independent film that has already won awards at film festivals across the US. Blood Stripe follows the journey of a Marine Sergeant (Kate Nowlin) that has returned from the front lines with PTSD. Auberjonois’ son, Remy Auberjonois directs the film, which was co-written by Remy Auberjonois and his wife, Kate Nowlin.
— Rene Auberjonois (@reneauberjonois) October 27, 2017
Whether it be fan art, a mash-up music video, music from the series, game related news, or just recently discovered concept art, below you will find all the arts of Star Trek from this week.
- The video game Star Trek Timelines is closing out their October mega event, “Discovery: A New Anomaly”, by bringing the USS Shenzhou and USS Discovery forward from the past for “A Logical Reaction”. For players that have yet to do so, this final mini-event still has the opportunity to qualify for the Five Star Legendary Crew Member, T’Kuvma.
- Another Star Trek game, Star Trek: Tactics, is making a return to the market with a new starter pack! The new starter set for Star Trek: Tactics Series IV, part of the Heroclix game world, will include a rulebook, dice, character cards, a powers & abilities card, tokens for objects and terrain, four ships (two ST:TOS Federation and two Romulan), and two double-sided maps. Everything is included for new players to jump in and begin playing. In addition to the starter set, 28 ships are now available with the new, updated Heroclix dials; these ships are available in blind booster bags at local game shops. The starter set retails for $25 and the blind boosters will be approximately $5 each.
- With Halloween coming this next week, Startrek.com took a moment to outline three costume and makeup tips for doing more than wearing simply a uniform or Vulcan ears or Bajoran nose ridges. Take a look at the very fun step-by-step instructions offered up (seriously, a zombie red shirt?!) and share your costumes with us if you dress in Trek!
— Star Trek (@StarTrek) October 28, 2017
Official Federation Sanctioned Events
If you are lucky enough to live near enough, one of the following events coming up this month may be of interest to you. If you do attend, take pictures and let us know how it went!
- May 21, 2016 – December 31, 2017 – Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds in Seattle, Washington. This event is an exhibition showcasing the impact that Star Trek has had on every day life from culture and arts to technology and even sports.
- July 08, 2016 – November 05, 2017 – Star Trek: The Exhibition – Blackpool in Blackpool, United Kingdom. Tour Star Trek’s fifty years of history! Andrew Edwards, stage designer, designed the exhibition with originals from the shows and movies for your viewing pleasure.
- January 05, 2018 – January 17, 2018 – Star Trek: The Cruise II in Miami, Florida. Two cruises, each 6 days long, are set to sail from Miami to the Caribbean with various Star Trek stars and themed events.
Neutral Fan Zone
Becoming the Fan of the Week is a simple two step process:
- Follow @geekgirlauth and
- Tweet any GGA Star Trek article with the tags #GGANews FanZone.
Boldly Go On Your Way
This wraps up this week’s GGA Ready Room! Thank you for joining us as we explore the universe of Star Trek, one week at a time. If I missed anything, please let me know and it’ll be included in next week’s news round up! Until next time, boldly go on your way, in your own way, and report back your findings.
- Mental Health Month: GGA’s 5 Favorite Fictional Therapists - May 30, 2020
- Geek Girl Authority Crush of the Week: DEANNA TROI - May 27, 2020
- 10 Geeky Backgrounds for Virtual Meetings - May 26, 2020