Stardate 95312.43 through 95331.58
September 17, 2017 – September 23, 2017
Welcome to the twelfth edition of GGA Ready Room! Let’s take a look at what Star Trek news we missed last week, shall we? As a reminder: the standard date for the post will be shown in the title but the week being recapped (September 17 through September 23 in this case) will be shown in the main header in Stardate format as calculated by ST:Online – this calculator will be used since there is not a standard format across all the television shows and feature films and it is easily accessible.
- To read last week’s GGA Ready Room, Follow this link!
- To find any Star Trek news on Geek Girl Authority, Click on this link!
- To read the special GGA Ready Room Supplemental for the Star Trek: Discovery premiere, Click here!
What have our favorite Star Trek players been up to?
- ST:Discovery Co-Executive Producer Ted Sullivan will be live-tweeting during the television premiere:
— Ted Sullivan (@karterhol) September 24, 2017
- In the ramp up to the television premiere of ST:Discovery, Sonequa Martin-Green paid a visit to The View to talk. Catch a photo of her on set below and watch her interview over on CBS.
These ladies couldn't have been more welcoming, more loving, and more awesome. So much love and thanks to you and @thetalkcbs ❤️ Also, big ❤️ to my Glam Team @sarahslutsky @tiffdoeshair and @gregoryarlt #Repost @cbstvstudios ・・・ Today #TheTalk goes boldly on a new adventure with @StarTrekcbs star, @therealsonequa! #EverybodyTalks #StarTrekDiscovery
- Sonequa Martin-Green also enjoyed the
redblue carpet premiere last week and she was joined by ST:TOS‘ Nichelle Nichols!
I call this, "The Legend and the Dreamer." She whispered to me, "Enjoy this time. It's yours now." What a blessing, what a woman. I stand on your shoulders Nichelle Nichols. Thank you for heeding Dr. King's words and getting involved, for letting us see you be competent, strong and authoritative at such a pivotal time. And thank you for all you've contributed, to my life, to this country and to the world. #startrekfamily #letsboldlygo #StarTrekDiscovery #worldpremiere #tonight
- A few weeks ago, Gates McFadden (Dr. Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG) attended DragonCon and hung out with former NASA Astronaut Garrett Reisman!
Space people hanging pic.twitter.com/pqEBow2hTC
— Gates McFadden (@gates_mcfadden) September 4, 2017
A Look Back This Week in Star Trek History
What episodes of what shows aired this time in history? What movies were released? If these are questions you constantly ask, you’ll find the answer here!
- ST:Voyager, Season 4, Episode 3, “Day of Honor”, September 17, 1997
- ST:Enterprise, Season 3, Episode 2, “Anomaly”, September 17, 2003
- ST:TNG, Season 7, Episode 1, “Descent, Part II”, September 18, 1993
- ST:Voyager, Season 2, Episode 4, “Elogium”, September 18, 1995
- ST:Voyager, Season 3, Episode 3, “The Chute”, September 18, 1996
- ST:Enterprise, Season 2, Episode 1, “Shockwave, Part II”, September 18, 2002
- ST:TNG, Season 6, Episode 1, “Time’s Arrow, Part II”, Septembr 19, 1992
- ST:TOS, Season 3, Episode 1, “Spock’s Brain”, September 20, 1968
- ST:Animated, Season 2, Episode 3, “The Practical Joker”, September 21, 1974
- ST:TNG, Season 5, Episode 1, “Redemption II”, September 21, 1991
- ST:TOS, Season 1, Episode 3, “Where No Man Has Gone Before”, September 22, 1966
- ST:TOS, Season 2, Episode 2, “Who Mourns for Adonais”, September 22, 1967
- ST:Animated, Season 1, Episode 3, “One of Our Planets Is Missing”, September 22, 1973
- ST:TNG, Season 4, Episode 1, “Best of Both Worlds, Part II”, September 22, 1990
- ST:Voyager, Season 6, Episode 1, “Equinox, Part II”, September 22, 1999
- ST:TNG, Season 3, Episode 1, “Evolution”, September 23, 1989
Whether it be fan art, a mash-up music video, music from the series, game related news, or just recently discovered concept art, below you will find all the arts of Star Trek from this week.
- New from CBS with ST:Discovery: A live after show talk show! Fans can interact with After Trek with the Twitter hashtag #AfterTrek
— Matt Mira (@MattMira) September 23, 2017
- Kenneth Mitchell, the Klingon Kol in ST:Discovery, is sharing his excitement for this evening’s premiere of Discovery.
- Listen to the ST:Discovery cast speak Klingon! Each cast member recites something they know or have heard, even if they don’t know what it means:
- CBS Evening News took a moment to explore how Star Trek has inspired or predicted medicine. Watch their report below at some of the ways science fiction has become science fact:
- A new podcast, Discovering Trek, has emerged to serve as a companion to the new ST:Discovery show! Episode 0, the introduction, has already been released, but look for additional episodes weekly after each new episode of the show.
— Star Trek Writers (@StarTrekRoom) September 3, 2017
— Trek Geeks (@TrekGeeks) September 3, 2017
- The ST:Discovery companion novel, Star Trek: Discovery: Desperate Hours, is still only available as a pre-order, but that isn’t keeping it from the top of the charts!
— David Mack (@DavidAlanMack) September 9, 2017
Official Federation Sanctioned Events
If you are lucky enough to live near enough, one of the following events coming up this month may be of interest to you. If you do attend, take pictures and let us know how it went!
- May 21, 2016 – December 31, 2017 – Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds in Seattle, Washington. This event is an exhibition showcasing the impact that Star Trek has had on every day life from culture and arts to technology and even sports.
- July 08, 2016 – November 05, 2017 – Star Trek: The Exhibition – Blackpool in Blackpool, United Kingdom. Tour Star Trek’s fifty years of history! Andrew Edwards, stage designer, designed the exhibition with originals from the shows and movies for your viewing pleasure.
- September 26, 2017 – Star Trek: The Next Generation’s 30th Anniversary Night in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Phillies host the Washington Nationals while celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation! The first 3,000 fans with a promotional ticket get a Captain Jean-Luc Picard bobblehead!
Neutral Fan Zone
Today’s #FanZone feature is GGA’s very own Renee Lopez! Renee is our Video Games enthusiast and she is also a fantastic geek mom to Kara!
Becoming the Fan of the Week is a simple two step process:
- Follow @geekgirlauth and
- Tweet any GGA Star Trek article with the tags #GGANews FanZone.
Boldly Go On Your Way
This wraps up this week’s GGA Ready Room! Thank you for joining us as we explore the universe of Star Trek, one week at a time. If I missed anything, please let me know and it’ll be included in next week’s news round up! Until next time, boldly go on your way, in your own way, and report back your findings.
Latest posts by Talyna (see all)
- Geek Girl Authority Crush of the Week: WYNONNA EARP - June 6, 2018
- Discover Friendship In The First BUMBLEBEE Teaser Trailer - June 5, 2018
- NETFLIX: What Is Arriving and Leaving JUNE 2018 - May 31, 2018