In case you missed it, Blizzard did a bit of a tease with their new Heroes of the Storm announcement. But after a couple of days of teasing us on Twitter, Blizzard announced that the newest hero to enter the nexus will be none other than Garrosh, the son of Grom Hellscream, from the World of Warcraft universe.
If you know a little bit about his story, then you know that he is the former chieftain of the Warsong Clan, Commander of the Horde in Northrend, and a former Warchief of the Horde (succeeding Thrall). He was also a big player during Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm and Mist of Pandaria and has a very strong dislike of the Alliance.
As the new warchief of the Horde, Garrosh is a proud and vicious warrior who rules with an iron fist. His hatred for the Alliance burns like wildfire, and he will stop at nothing to destroy them. By his axe, the orcs will reclaim their rightful glory.
Garrosh becomes the 69th Hero, the 6th orc and the 19th warrior to join Heroes of the Storm. He brings with him some powerful abilities like Groundbreaker, an AOE ability that damages multiple enemies, Bloodthirst, an ability that damages enemies while healing him, and Wrecking Ball, a damaging and repositioning ability.
According to the Hero Spotlight video below, Garrosh can be useful in a variety of situations, but as a solo tank he becomes harder the kill with the less amount of health he has due to his Armor Up trait. If he is paired with a healer, he can do a huge amount of damage, but the downside is his reliance on armor, which makes him vulnerable to certain health as damage abilities.
Garrosh is available on the PTR today, so expect him to go live in the next few weeks.
[D] Armor Up
- Garrosh gains 1 Armor for every 2% of maximum Health missing.
- Deal 81 damage to enemies in an area. Heroes hit on the outer edge are pulled toward Garrosh, landing within striking distance.
- Deal 156 damage to an enemy and heal for 10% of Garrosh’s missing Health. Healing is increased by 100% against Heroes.
[E] Wrecking Ball
- Throw a nearby enemy Hero, Minion, or Mercenary to the target location, dealing 91 damage to enemies near the impact and slowing them by 30% for 2.5 seconds.
[R1] Warlord’s Challenge
- Silence nearby Heroes and force them to attack Garrosh for 1.5 seconds.
- Deal 50 damage to nearby enemies and Slow them by 30% for 1.5 seconds. Deals 100% more damage to Heroes, and each Hero hit reduces the cooldown by 1 second. Stores up to 3 charges.
Hero Level 1
- [Q] Warbreaker
- Quest: Pull Heroes with Groundbreaker.
- Reward: After pulling 5 Heroes, Groundbreaker deals an additional 150 damage over 3 seconds to Heroes. After pulling 15 Heroes, reduce Groundbreaker’s cooldown by 3 seconds.
- [E] Unrivaled Strength
- Increase Wrecking Ball’s throw range by 20% and its damage by 100%
- [Active] Body Check
- Activate to deal 111 damage to a target enemy and Slow them by 30% for 3 seconds. Damage is increased by 200% of Armor Up’s current bonus, and the Slow amount is increased by 30% if Armor Up’s bonus is above 25.
Hero Level 4
- [W] In for the Kill
- Increase Bloodthirst’s damage against non-Heroes by 60%. Killing enemies with Bloodthirst resets its cooldown and refunds its Mana cost.
- [Passive] Thirst for Battle
- Basic Attacks against Heroes reduce the cooldown of Bloodthirst by 2 seconds.
- [Active] Indomitable
- Activate to become Unstoppable for 1.5 seconds.
Hero Level 7
- [Q] Intimidation
- Groundbreaker reduces the Attack Speed of Heroes hit by 40% for 4 seconds.
- [Active] Brute Force
- Enemies hit by Body Check receive 50% reduced healing for 4 seconds.
- [Passive] Oppressor
- Basic Attacks against Heroes reduce the target’s Spell Power by 40% for 2.5 seconds.
- [Active] Into the Fray
- Activate to throw a nearby ally and grant them 25 Armor for 3 seconds. Deals 91 damage to nearby enemies upon impact and Slows them by 30% for 2.5 seconds. While in flight, allied Heroes are Unstoppable.
Hero Level 13
- [Q] Defensive Measures
- Pulling a Hero with Groundbreaker grants Garrosh a 350 Shield for 6 seconds.
- [W] Bloodcraze
- When hitting a Hero, Bloodthirst heals for an additional 10% of Garrosh’s maximum Health over 3 seconds.
- [Trait] Double Up
- Armor Up can be activated to increase its Armor bonus by 100% for 3 seconds.
Hero Level 16
- [Q] Rough Landing
- Heroes pulled by Groundbreaker are Slowed by 50% for 3 seconds.
- [Q] Mortal Combo
- If Wrecking Ball is used on a Hero within 2 seconds of pulling them with Groundbreaker, Wrecking Ball’s cooldown is reduced by 10 seconds.
- [E] Earthshaker
- Wrecking Ball Stuns enemies near the impact area for 0.75 seconds.
Hero Level 20
- [R1] Death Wish
- Increase the duration of Warlord’s Challenge by 0.5 seconds. If an enemy Hero is killed while affected by Warlord’s challenge, its cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds.
- [R2] Deadly Calm
- Heroes hit by Decimate deal 20% less damage for 3 seconds.
- [E] Titanic Might
- Wrecking Ball now throws the 2 closest enemies.
- [Active] Inner Rage
- Body Check gains an additional charge, and its cooldown recharges 100% faster while Armor Up’s bonus is at or above 25.
What do you think about this new Hero? Comment below or send us a message on Facebook or Twitter. I’ve been seeing a lot of different opinions about Garrosh’s build.
You can watch the Heroes Spotlight below to get a little more background on this fierce and feared Orc warrior.
- Here’s Our First Official Look at Jensen Ackles As Soldier Boy in THE BOYS - June 8, 2021
- DRAGON QUEST III HD-2D Remake Announced - May 30, 2021
- BLIZZCON 2021 Canceled, Blizzard Looks Ahead to 2022 - May 26, 2021