Gamescon 2017 is underway in Cologne, Germany and there will be plenty of news and updates coming out of the big studios for the entire week. Some of the big announcements come from Blizzard, where they announced that the newest hero to come to Heroes of the Storm will be none other than Kel’Thuzad, the Archlich of Naxxramas.
By most reports, Kel’Thuzad has been one character than many Heroes players have wanted to see in the game since it came out. It’s no wonder; Kel’Thuzad is a faithful servant of Arthas, and the master of Naxxramas. He was once a part of the Kirin Tor, who then allied himself with Arthas and founded the Cult of the Damned in Lordaeron. He is the final boss of the Naxxramas raid and has been a major part of the World of Warcraft lore for some time.
Kel’Thuzad has faithfully served the Lich King both in life and after death. Reanimated as the Archlich of the Scourge and given domain of the Dread Necropolis, Naxxramas, Kel’Thuzad remains Arthas’s most trusted advisor and master of the cold dark.
Kel’Thuzad becomes the 70th hero and the 29th assassin to enter the Nexus. He can do high damage through AoE spells and rooting enemies but his survivability is a little low. That is probably to be expected for an assassin class mage. He can do major damage with Death and Decay, a primary ability that does AoE damage but leaves a pool of decay that can deal an additional damage. He also has Frost Nova, another AoE spell that not only damages enemies but can also slow them down. His last primary ability is Chains of Kel’Thuzad, a damage ability that targets only one enemy, but can be relaunched to pull in another enemy. It should be a good spell to stop anyone retreating because it can pull and stun for 0.5 seconds.
There are also the two heroic abilities: Frost Blast and Shadow Fissure. Frost Blast calls down an ice meteor that can do heavy damage and also root enemies for 1.5 seconds. Shadow Fissure can do big hero damage by creating an exploding fissure anywhere on the Battleground.
The Call of Kel’Thuzad
Blizzard announced Kel’Thuzad through an animated short that also showcased a few additional things. First, the event The Call of Kel’Thuzad, is a major Heroes event that coincides with the Hearthstone event Knights of the Frozen Throne. In the video we see some interesting skins, including Dreadlord Jaina, Death Knight Sonya and Crypt Queen Zagara.
You can see the animated short down below. In the next few days there will be more information coming out about Kel’Thas and the event, and we will be sure to post about it as soon as we get that information.
In the meantime, check out the video and watch in amazement as Sgt. Hammer punches Zagara in the face. It’s a bold move.
Master of the Cold Dark
- Quest: Gain 1 Blight every time a Hero is Rooted by Frost Nova or hit by Chains of Kel’Thuzad.
- Reward: After gaining 15 Blight, the cooldown of all Basic Abilities is reduced by 2 seconds.
- Reward: After gaining 30 Blight, gain 75% Spell Power.
[Q] Death and Decay
- After 0.5 seconds, launch an orb that explodes upon hitting an enemy, dealing 150 damage to enemies in the area. The explosion leaves behind a pool of decay that lasts 2 seconds, dealing 70 damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies.
[W] Frost Nova
- Create a nova that explodes after 1 second, dealing 212 damage to enemies inside and Slowing them by 35% for 2.5 seconds. Enemies in the center are Rooted for 1 second.
[E] Chains of Kel’Thuzad
- Launch a chain, dealing 97 damage to the first enemy Hero or Structure hit. For 4 seconds after hitting an enemy, Chains can be reactivated to launch to an additional enemy, pulling both enemies together and Stunning them for 0.5 seconds.
[R1] Frost Blast
- Launch a meteor of ice at an enemy Hero. Upon impact, the meteor deals 100 damage to its target and 275 damage to enemies in the area. All enemies hit by Frozen Tomb are Rooted for 1.5 seconds.
[R2] Shadow Fissure
- Create a fissure anywhere on the Battleground that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing 440 damage to enemy Heroes in its area.
- Here’s Our First Official Look at Jensen Ackles As Soldier Boy in THE BOYS - June 8, 2021
- DRAGON QUEST III HD-2D Remake Announced - May 30, 2021
- BLIZZCON 2021 Canceled, Blizzard Looks Ahead to 2022 - May 26, 2021