In the latest nerdy makeup news, Los Angeles-based beauty brand HipDot Cosmetics has joined the exciting list of companies to collab with Critical Role. The TTRPG live-play game started as an adventure among friends led by Matthew Mercer before joining Geek and Sundry‘s lineup of digital content and taking the world by storm. In the last few years, they have branched out on their own, created tons of additional shows outside of their Thursday night live streams, created an animated series with Amazon Prime Video and collabed with several companies.
The collaboration between Critical Role and HipDot features an eye shadow palette, a highlighter and three lipsticks, all inspired by The Mighty Nein. The eye palette contains eight colors, one for each member of the group and a final one for everyone. They include:
- Expositor – Bright white, matte – for Beauregard (Marisha Ray)
- Captain – Light gray silver, shimmer – for Fjord (Travis Willingham)
- Chainbreaker – Black, matte – for Yasha (Ashley Johnson)
- Fortune – Pastel lavender, shimmer – for Mollymauk (Taliesin Jaffe)
- Trickster – Soft rose, gold champagne shimmer – for Jester (Laura Bailey)
- Spark – Red sangria, matte – for Caleb (Liam O’Brien)
- Brave – Purple maroon, matte – for Nott (Sam Riegel)
- Nein – Purple raisin, glitter
The Mighty Nein Highlighter “Catha” represents the brightest moon in Exandria and features incredible embossed detail of the beloved adventuring group. And the three lipsticks are really to die for. The first is Lionett Wine, a berry color aged to perfection in the heart of Kamordah. The second is Long May He Reign, a deep purple honoring The Ice Spinner himself, Mollymauk Tealeaf. And the final lipstick is Moon Drop, a champagne color inspired by the magic and wonder brought by Gustav Fletching and Desmond Moondrop.
Laura Bailey (harp noises) shared the team’s excitement for the upcoming project. “The cast has been imagining ideas for a mythical makeup collaboration for ages and it’s been an absolute dream come true to see this come to life with HipDot. Every step of the way, they brought fantastic ideas to the table a really captured the magic of our Fletching & Moondrop carnival. Opening the palette feels like you have a ticket to the show.”
Bailey also went on to share that her favorite lip color is Lionette Wine, so we will be rocking that one. We can’t deny this lady has fantastic taste. And personally, Critical Role couldn’t have chosen a better brand to work with. HipDot is vegan and cruelty-free while providing bold, universally flattering shades for eyes, lips and face. And they aren’t new to the pop culture collabs either. They have worked to bring Clueless, Hello Kitty, My Chemical Romance and more into the makeup world.
The Critical Role Mighty Nein collab collector’s box will be available for preorder starting Thursday, September 9, 2022, until Tuesday, September 20, 2022. You can order yours here! Which shadow and lipstick are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below and on social media!
- Book Review: I’VE BECOME A TRUE VILLAINESS - November 30, 2022
- SHADOW AND BONE Gift Guide for Those Who Love the Grishaverse - November 29, 2022
- Gift the One Power With Our Gift Guide for THE WHEEL OF TIME - November 28, 2022