Star Trek Origin Stories and Encounter at Farpoint
Welcome to the first episode of Geek Girl Authority’s new podcast, Booze and Phasers! The Star Trek podcast where Heather Brooker, Claudia Dolph and Audrey Kearns drink Trek and talk booze…we mean, we booze Trek and drink phasers… wait a minute, green people, Gorn – ENERGIZE!
Big thanks to artist, Frank Detrano for the jaw dropping art that you see above! Audrey is on top (where she should be) as 7 of 9, Heather is Yeoman Janice from the original series and Claudia appears as the stunning Orion. Also, crazy props to our amazing composer and theremin musician, Eban Schletter. Dear Lord, we should win an award for our theme art and music. Thank you Frank and Eban.
MOST INTERESTING NON SEQUITUR OF THE EPISODE: What if, when they went back in time, instead of Mark Twain on Star Trek: The Next Generation, it was actually Laura Ingalls Wilder from Little House on the Prairie and Geordi gave Mary his visor!?!?!?!?!?!!!!??? COME ON!”
For our inaugural episode we cover while drinking some lovely varietals:
- News and Happenings
- Our own personal, emotional and ridiculous “Nerd Origin” stories
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Episodes 1 and 2
- and some other stuff about a Doctor Who led CSI Show, ginger-haired people and Leonard Nimoy.
Here’s a handy guide to the fun news we cover in this episode:
Here’s the new movie trailer that we discuss for a heartbeat!
And very importantly, Audrey is very aware that she got her favorite Picard quote wrong. She was tipsy! It is: Seize the time… Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
Latest posts by Audrey Kearns (see all)
- James Gunn Reveals Superstar THE SUICIDE SQUAD Cast with Ominous Message - September 13, 2019
- Meet the Cast of THE WHEEL OF TIME in First Group Photo - September 12, 2019
- BBC America’s THE WATCH Casts Richard Dormer and More for Its Discworld Adaptation - September 11, 2019