I, Tom Laurie, and my sister, Leona Laurie, are (re)watching every Marvel movie so we can cheerfully and critically discuss them. Agreeing that Pirate’s Booty is tastier than microwave popcorn, we’re talking about Spider-Man 2.
In episode 9 of Marvel Us, my sister and I rehash Spider-Man 2, the surprisingly dated Sam Raimi web-slinging escapade. I enrich this exercise by sharing facts and trivia about the film. There is humor. You will enjoy this.
Here are some points of interest:
- Aasif Mandvi, Donnell Rawlings and Joel McHale all make appearances
- Due to back pain, Tobey Maguire was almost replaced by Jake Gyllenhaal, the Topher Grace of Gyllenhalls
- Alfred Molina had pet names for the arm puppets: Larry, Harry, Flo and Moe
- Grossed $373.5 million at the box office
- Introduces John Jameson, who could’ve become a space werewolf called Man-Wolf
- Titles that tested poorly: “Spider-Man: No More,” “Spider-Man 2 Lives” and “Spider-Man: Unmasked”
I guess that’s all.
Listen by clicking the ‘play’ button below, LISTEN HERE ON ITUNES. And while you’re at it, consider subscribing!
Latest posts by Tom Laurie (see all)
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 25 – Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011) - February 19, 2018
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 24 – Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - February 9, 2018
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 23 – X-Men: First Class (2011) - January 30, 2018