I, Tom Laurie, and my sister, Leona Laurie, are (re)watching every Marvel movie so we can cheerfully and critically discuss them. In what is indisputably our most bewildered episode, we’re talking about The Punisher.
In episode 8 of Marvel Us, my sister and I rehash The Punisher, the baffling Jonathan Hensleigh revenge escapade. I enrich this exercise by sharing facts and trivia about the film. There is humor. You will enjoy this.
Here are some points of interest:
- This sh*t-show has a generous score of 29% Rotten Tomatoes!
- At one point, Thomas Jane accidentally stabbed Kevin Nash for real!
- In another unexpectedly real moment, Rebecca Romijn stitched Thomas Jane’s flesh!
- Somehow this sold two million DVDs in the first week of release!
- According to IFC, “The Castle family compound in Puerto Rico was actually two public bathroom structures on a public beach in Tampa, Florida that the production spruced up to look like houses and cabanas.”
Watch the trailer below, then listen to our discussion after we watched the film so you won’t have to!
Listen by clicking the ‘play’ button below, LISTEN HERE ON ITUNES. And while you’re at it, consider subscribing!
Latest posts by Tom Laurie (see all)
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 15 – Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) - November 13, 2017
- Marvel Us Podcast Ep 11 – ELEKTRA (2005) - October 3, 2017
- MY HERO ACADEMIA Season Finale Recap: (S02E25) Encounter - September 30, 2017