When it comes to gaming, I’m old school. I enjoy the new systems, I’m excited for all the VR gaming coming our way, but I will always be a devotee of my old Nintendo systems.
I currently have my original Nintendo, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 set up and ready to play. I have all of my old games including the golden gun cheat, that’s right don’t be jealous, Goldeneye.
When Nintendo invited Geek Girl Authority to attend the launch of Kirby: Planet Robobot for Nintendo 3DS, I jumped at the chance. I remember playing Kirby’s Dream Planet when I was fourteen years old on my Gameboy, so it was surreal and fun to see all these kids, so many years later, playing a game I enjoyed when I was their age.
Here are some deets for the new Kirby: Planet Robobot:
Take Back The Planet in this Sci-Fi Action-Adventure!
Harness the power of a mysterious mech to stop ruthless invaders from mechanizing Kirby’s home world. Smash through tough obstacles, lift heavy objects with ease and scan enemies to shape-shift into new Modes with powerful abilities in this supercharged action-platformer.
- For the first time in a Kirby game, jump into the mysterious Robobot Armor to scan enemies and shape-shift into powerful Modes, including a jet or car.
- Inhale and swallow enemies to gain more than 20 different Copy Abilities, some new to the series Like the Doctor, which lets Kirby throw pills and mix concoctions, and ESP, giving Kirby Psychic powers to use against enemies.
- Play solo through different areas of Planet Poster in Story Mode, each containing several stages.
- Use the Wireless or Download Play feature in Team Kirby Clash, an RPG-styled mini-game, to play with up to four players.
- Tap any compatible amiibo figure in Story Mode and Kirby will inhale the figure to gain a random Copy Ability or a character-specific Copy Ability. Tapping the Link Amiibo gives Kirby the Sword ability, for example, while characters like Sonic or Ryo grant a random Copy Ability.
- Tap any of the new Kirby series Amiibo figures to give Kirby a unique look or special Copy Ability, King Dedede’s Hammer or UFO Copy Ability.
Of course I checked out the game myself, and the nostalgia set in…
Geek Girl Authority’s Claudia Dolph & Kaj-Erik Eriksen
Motherhood In Hollywood’s Heather Brooker & GGA’s Claudia Dolph
Sustenance for Gaming
Kirby: Planet Robobot is available now for Nintendo 3DS!
Check out the trailer: