Stardate 95446.5 through 95465.76
November 05, 2017 – November 11, 2017
Welcome to the nineteenth edition of GGA Ready Room! Let’s take a look at what Star Trek news we missed last week, shall we? As a reminder: the standard date for the post will be shown in the title but the week being recapped (November 05 through November 11 in this case) will be shown in the main header in Stardate format as calculated by Star Trek:Online – this calculator will be used since there is not a standard format across all the television shows and feature films and it is easily accessible.
- To read last week’s GGA Ready Room, Follow this link!
- To find any Star Trek news on Geek Girl Authority, Click on this link!
In the News: What did we miss?
Were there any juicy tidbits that GGA did not feature this week? Find it here!
- Star Trek: Discovery will soon be airing their Fall finale, Episode 9, “Into the Forest I Go”. The date for the return has been announced! ST:Discovery will return on January 7th with Episode 10, “Despite Yourself”. The 2018 return will see the remaining six episodes.
A Look Back This Week in Star Trek History
What episodes of what shows aired this time in history? What movies were released? If these are questions you constantly ask, you’ll find the answer here!
- ST:Voyager, Season 4, Episode 8, “Year of Hell”, November 05, 1997
- ST:Enterprise, Season 3, Episode 8, “Twilight”, November 05, 2003
- ST:Enterprise, Season 4, Episode 5, “Cold Station 12”, November 05, 2004
- ST:Discovery, Season 1, Episode 8, “Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum”, November 05, 2017
- ST:TNG, Season 7, Episode 8, “Attached”, November 06, 1993
- ST:DS9, Season 4, Episode 6, “Starship Down”, November 06, 1995
- ST:Voyager, Season 2, Episode 9, “Tattoo”, November 06, 1995
- ST:Voyager, Season 3, Episode 8, “Future’s End”, November 06, 1996
- ST:Enterprise, Season 2, Episode 7, “The Seventh”, November 06, 2002
- ST:TNG, Season 1, Episode 7, “Justice”, November 07, 1987
- ST:TNG, Season 6, Episode 8, “A Fistful of Datas”, November 07, 1992
- ST:DS9, Season 2, Episode 7, “Rules of Acquisition”, November 07, 1993
- ST:DS9, Season 3, Episode 7, “Civil Defense”, November 07, 1994
- ST:Enterprise, Season 1, Episode 8, “Breaking the Ice”, November 07, 2001
- ST:TOS, Season 3, Episode 8, “For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky”, November 08, 1968
- ST:Voyager, Season 7, Episode 6, “Inside Man”, November 08, 2000
- ST:TNG, Season 5, Episode 8, “Unification II”, November 09, 1991
- ST:TOS, Season 1, Episode 10, “The Corbomite Maneuver”, November 10, 1966
- ST:TOS, Season 2, Episode 9, “Metamorphosis”, November 10, 1967
- ST:Animated, Season 1, Episode 10, “Mudd’s Passion”, November 10, 1973
- ST:TNG, Season 4, Episode 8, “Future Imperfect”, November 10, 1990
- ST:DS9, Season 6, Episode 7, “You Are Cordially Invited…”, November 10, 1997
- ST:Voyager, Season 6, Episode 7, “Dragon’s Teeth”, November 10, 1999
- ST:TNG, Season 3, Episode 8, “The Price”, November 11, 1989
- ST:DS9, Season 5, Episode 7, “Let He Who Is Without Sin…”, November 11, 1996
- ST:DS9, Season 7, Episode 7, “Once More Unto the Breach”, November 11, 1998
- ST:Voyager, Season 5, Episode 5, “Once Upon a Time”, November 11, 1998
What have our favorite Star Trek players been up to?
- George Takei (Sulu, ST:TOS) took a trip to Japan for the Japanese premiere of Allegiance, his Broadway play based on the experiences of the Japanese-Americans during World War II in the United States.
— Theater Live Japan (@TheaterliveJP) November 10, 2017
— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) November 11, 2017
- Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine, ST:Voyager) has been out filming her new movie, The Relic, and has been posting updates on social media with the hashtag #TheRelic. The Relic is a forthcoming scifi/fantasy film that, in addition to filming in caves, included filming on location at Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville, Kentucky.
— Jeri Ryan (@JeriLRyan) November 10, 2017
- Michael Dorn (Lieutenant Warf, ST:TNG) and Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher, ST:TNG) have both taken roles on Transformers: Titans Return! Dorn voices Fortress Maximus and Wheaton voices Perceptor. New episodes air online on go90 this month!
— Michael Dorn (@akaWorf) November 8, 2017
— Wil 'stop enabling the Nazis' Wheaton (@wilw) November 7, 2017
- Michael Dorn also spent some time traveling for conventions this past week and decided to troll his fans by taking selfies with his fellow Star Trek alumni and tagging them as Star Wars actors! He took photos with Brent Spiner (Lieutenant Commander Data, ST:TNG), Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher, ST:TNG), and Jonathan Frakes (Commander William T. Riker, ST:TNG) and shared them to twitter:
Me and my favorite Star Wars actor…. pic.twitter.com/ETOsaYjeGE
— Michael Dorn (@akaWorf) November 10, 2017
Me and my favorite Star Wars actor….. pic.twitter.com/BlvaG3qIDf
— Michael Dorn (@akaWorf) November 10, 2017
Me and my favorite Star Wars actor…. pic.twitter.com/FzbNLhKzz9
— Michael Dorn (@akaWorf) November 10, 2017
Whether it be fan art, a mash-up music video, music from the series, game related news, or just recently discovered concept art, below you will find all the arts of Star Trek from this week.
- The Mirror Universe has invaded Star Trek: Online! Gamers are tasked with finding and destroying the invading forces while also trying to close the rifts in space that allow the invasion, all to save Vauthil Station. Players are rewarded with Dilithium, Marks, and weapons. The event ends on November 30, so get to defending the universe! From ST:Online:
Once a day, players will be awarded a Multidimensional Transporter for playing this event. By turning in 14 Transporters through the Reputation System, players will receive 50,000 Dilithium Ore, 500 Fleet Marks, 250 Marks of Your Choice and a brand new unique ground weapon, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols. Completing this project on any character will unlock this new weapon for all characters across your account, and additionally the other characters can still complete the project to receive the Marks and Dilithium Ore.
- In my head, I am Bart Simpson writing endlessly on the blackboard: I do not need a new computer. Why? Well, Cherry Tree has released a new computer and it is a beauty! There are actually two versions: The Borg Cube PC and the Borg Cube VR PC. The Borg Cube PC, a limited run computer, shipped in September and is a tiny 6″ x 6″ x 6″ cube. The Borg Cube VR PC, shipping in December, is a larger version, twice the size at 12″ x 12″ x 12″, that is more powerful and able to run virtual reality gaming. The smaller PC has a starting price tag at $599 and the larger is set to begin at $$1599. Get the full specs on each at CherryTree.
- IDW has released a new series: Star Trek: Waypoint. The 144-page anthology series features stories from all aspects of Star Trek, from every television show “and more”, spanning the entire history of Star Trek. The stories in the book are by Dayton Ward, Sam Maggs, Cecil Castellucci, Rachael Stott, Donny Cates, Sandra Lanz, Kevin Dilmore, and Mairghread Scott. The featured artists are Gordon Purcell, Megan Levens, and Corin Howell, with a cover by Marc Laming. Find Star Trek: Waypoint at your local comic book shop now.
- When Star Trek: Discovery‘s Episode 6, “Lethe”, aired, the internet went wild over the DISCO shirts Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) and Cadet Tilly (Mary Wiseman) wore for their morning run. If you were one of the people interested in owning one, CBS has officially released the shirts on their website. The women’s fitted shirts are listed for $25 and the unisex t-shirt is listed for $27.
- Ted Sullivan (Writer and Producer, ST:Discovery) shared a little more behind the scenes for Star Trek: Discovery:
— Ted Sullivan (@karterhol) November 9, 2017
Official Federation Sanctioned Events
If you are lucky enough to live near enough, one of the following events coming up this month may be of interest to you. If you do attend, take pictures and let us know how it went!
- May 21, 2016 – September 30, 2018 – Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds in Seattle, Washington. This event is an exhibition showcasing the impact that Star Trek has had on every day life from culture and arts to technology and even sports.
- May 02, 2017 – December 16, 2017 – Star Trek Original Series Set Tour in Ticonderoga, New York. Relive the days of 1960’s Captain Kirk with the set of the show that started it all.
- October 28, 2017 – May 28, 2018 – Starfleet Academy Experience in Jersey City, New Jersey. The interactive exhibit resides inside the Liberty Science Center and allows fans to get a feel for the life of a Starfleet Cadet. Attendees begin at orientation, learn what is required to be in science, engineering, medical, and command, and end with graduation. The exhibit includes the real-life science behind the show, including the science developed or inspired by Star Trek.
- January 05, 2018 – January 17, 2018 – Star Trek: The Cruise II in Miami, Florida. Two cruises, each 6 days long, are set to sail from Miami to the Caribbean with various Star Trek stars and themed events.
Neutral Fan Zone
This week’s Fan of the Week is Devine Wilkes! Devine watched Star Trek: The Next Generation with her uncle, bonding with him over his favorite television show.
Becoming the Fan of the Week is a simple two step process:
- Follow @geekgirlauth and
- Tweet any GGA Star Trek article with the tags #GGANews FanZone.
Boldly Go On Your Way
This wraps up this week’s GGA Ready Room! Thank you for joining us as we explore the universe of Star Trek, one week at a time. If I missed anything, please let me know and it’ll be included in next week’s news round up! Until next time, boldly go on your way, in your own way, and report back your findings.
Latest posts by Talyna (see all)
- GGA Ready Room: Weekly STAR TREK Wrap-up – 02/18/18 - February 18, 2018
- GGA Ready Room: Weekly STAR TREK Wrap-up – 02/11/18 - February 11, 2018
- GGA Ready Room: Weekly STAR TREK Wrap-up – 02/04/18 - February 5, 2018